Here at Cru Wine, we have teamed up with the historic Lindores Abbey Distillery, colloquially known as the spiritual home of Scotch Whisky, to offer you an exclusive opportunity to purchase your own special cask. Your own bottles will also be unique, as they can be personalised with your name, company logo, family crest and more.
Lindores Abbey has widely recognised links to the earliest written reference to Scotch. Fast forward to the 21st century and the distillery site has been revitalized under a redesign headed by industry legend, Jim Swan.
We have some incredible casks to offer to our clients, all from Lindores Abbey’s exclusive relationships with legendary Sherry producers: Toro Albalá and Fernandez Gao.
The new make spirit going into the casks is of the highest quality; the spirit that went into Toro Albalá casks was voted as the ‘Best Scotch New Make’ by the World Whiskies’ Awards 2020. Furthering their accolades, just last week Lindores Abbey won an Outstanding Gold (98 points) from the ISWC awards for their first release core whisky. The new make spirits destined for the Fernandez Gao casks will be filled into the casks over the coming weeks.
A profound reason for investing in a cask from Lindores Abbey is that upon optimal maturity (ideally waiting 5-10 years), the distillery assesses the quality of the whisky, along with an external broker, and offers you a purchase price for the cask at fair market value.
If you wanted to hold onto the cask for longer and await the celebrated aged statements of 12, 15, 18 years etc… then you are welcome to do so and Lindores Abbey will value the cask at that stage before offering you a repurchase price.
At the point of sale, you will have the opportunity to bottle some of the whisky for your personal consumption (exact amount to be negotiated with the distillery).
A purchase of a cask comes with:
- An official certificate of ownership.
- All insurance and storage charges for a period of 10 years at Lindores Abbey Distillery. Whilst your whisky ages, your cask will remain at Lindores and never be moved. If you wish to store the cask beyond the tenth-year anniversary of the filling of the cask, Lindores will happily accommodate this and will share storage charges with you then. In order for the whisky to be at its best, Lindores ask for you to age the whisky for a minimum of 5 years.
- You can request samples of your whisky whenever you wish for a small fee.
- You can visit your cask whenever you wish, by providing two weeks’ notice.
The opportunity to be involved in the bottling of your whisky at the distillery.
- Once you decide to bottle your whisky, you will have your own unique bottling of Lindores Abbey Distillery Single Malt Whisky which you can customise with your own personalisation.