Following the devastations of WW2 and the great frost of 1956, Château La Lagune has had a tumultuous history. When purchased by George Brunet in 1958 only five hectares worth of vines remained, which saw a rejuvenation project that has contributed to what La Lagune is today. In 1999 the Frey family took over, and continued to build on Brunet’s successes. Now standing at 90 hectares in size, the vineyard is planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (c.60%), Merlot (c.30%) and Petit Verdot (c.10%) and sits on a terroir of gravel and sand soils. The estate experiences a slightly warmer micro-climate than its neighbours, which allows for earlier harvests. As a result, the wine produced is refined and delicate, whilst offering layers of aromatic complexity. Whilst belonging to the Medoc appellation, the character of the wine is one that could easily be confused with those from Margaux. Most vintages do not need to be aged for years before enjoying.